Want To Buy Shocks

bgwilly

This might help you on the clunking noise.

After I fixed the hood supports, I cleaned the engine off and traced the power steering leak. It's just a hose.

Next I went after the clunk in the front end. Can't see much in the fenderwell, so I decided to have my wife move the car forward and back while hitting the brakes. Sure enough, the clunk is right side and the wheel moves forward and back a bunch! Then I check the other side...no clunk there but the wheel seems to move as much. Pulled the wheels off and got a good look at the lower front control arm bushings. Both sides are shot.

The reason for my clunk on one right side is the control bushing is actually loose enough that the control arm slides sideways and hits it's mounting point. I used a big pry bar and a pice of pipe as a lever and moved the wheel for and aft...and made it duplicate the sound. You might check that out on yours.

This might help you on the clunking noise.

After I fixed the hood supports, I cleaned the engine off and traced the power steering leak. It's just a hose.

Next I went after the clunk in the front end. Can't see much in the fenderwell, so I decided to have my wife move the car forward and back while hitting the brakes. Sure enough, the clunk is right side and the wheel moves forward and back a bunch! Then I check the other side...no clunk there but the wheel seems to move as much. Pulled the wheels off and got a good look at the lower front control arm bushings. Both sides are shot.

The reason for my clunk on one right side is the control bushing is actually loose enough that the control arm slides sideways and hits it's mounting point. I used a big pry bar and a pice of pipe as a lever and moved the wheel for and aft...and made it duplicate the sound. You might check that out on yours.

Thanks. Does yours only clunk when you apply the brakes, or does it also do it when you hit bumps in the roadway? Thanks again.

We only have had the car 2 days...so all we noticed was on the way home the wife siad it would clunk sometimes when on and off the brakes.

If you could see how much fore and aft movement this thing has...you would understand the clunk easily. Hard bump could do the same thing.

Just priced "strut rod" $91.94 each. Since it's really just a bushing...I may try to find a bushing to replace in the strut rod.

Biggest joke of the day for me is power steering hose. $269.86 for a hose? I believe a hydraulic shop can build me a hose. Not gonna do $270 and change for hose. Sorry lexus. :lol: