2001 Es300 Body Side Molding?

Hi,

When I bought my 2001 ES300 this past Sunday, the salesperson presented me with some options.

I am interested in the color matched Body Side Molding that they offered for $495. Do any of you have any pictures of this? I can't find it anywhere...in fact I don't think I've ever seen a ES300 with BSM's.

Also, I am interested in the remote starter and perhaps the lowjack. But they are like $695 each...OUCH...the remote starter is a good gadget I guess, not really a neccessity.

What do you guys think?

Rip-off?

Thanks!!!

Nick N.

• 3 weeks later...

I've seen the molding you're talking about, but I think they don't look that good on a Lexus. There's no guarantee that the car next to you will hit the molding as he swings open his door. Besides, if you really want them, you can get them for a much better price then Lexus is quoting you, and this also holds true on the remote starter & Lo Jack.

I would call up a few reputable Auto Alarm companies to compare prices. Most Lexus dealers work with these installers anyway and they send your car out to them. All they do is mark up the prices.....so go to the source, you'll save a bundle. ;)

I am interested in the color matched Body Side Molding that they offered for $495.

Nick-

Do you mean color matched trim strips that are put halfway between the bottom cladding and the top of the door, or are you talking about repainting the bottom cladding to match the rest of the car?