2010 GX460 - Issues to Look For?

Banewins

Hey all!  Looking at a 2010 gx460 with 86k miles on it. It seems super clean, but are their any issues I should be looking for or expecting around this mileage?  Any input would be appreciated!

I do not know the answer to this question.  But if the Lexus has a boxed frame than rust can live inside the frame and you would not see it until too late.  I mean there should be evidence of rust everywhere on the underside of a vehicle if it is a rusty vehicle.  And aluminum on the motor would be corroded if the vehicle has lived in a salt environment vs. a vehicle that did not see that much salt.  This kind of thing isn't too hard to detect if you are looking and know what to look for.  Also the spring hose clamps on a rust belt vehicle would be rusty compared to the hose clamps on a vehicle that lived in a dry environment.

I would say a boxed frame is worse than a open "C Channel" frame due to the possibility of rust living for years undetected inside the frame.  And if you were trying to fix a rusted frame the boxed frame would be harder to fix as well.

Never hurts to get a carfax.  A friendly dealer might cut you a deal, maybe even free.  They pay by the month for unlimited so one more is no biggie for them.  A good carfax will show a lot of information, like maintenance history, blow by blow.  If nothing shows up that isn't the end of the world.

• 1 month later...

The only major issue plaguing the GX460s of all gens are the cam tower leaks and coolant leaks. Get under the car every few thousand miles to keep an eye on leaks. These are expensive to fix