Local 1998 Ls400 For $15000 - Trouble Spots?

90LS400Lexus

I have located a local 1998 LS400 for $15000. I am not yet sure of the mileage, but initially, does this seem like a good price if this car has - say- 100K? I am really wanting a 96'-newer 4-Runner for now, but I really like this car- so I am lightly considering it. I am not familiar with the 98's, so what (if any) trouble spots do the 98's typically have? Thanks in advance.

90ls,

I think that price is in line..........actually pretty good...

A lot of 98's came with the wood package........steering wheel and door trim; along with HID's - does it have this?

Also, first year of the 290hp VVT-i and newer 5 speed tranny, auto leveling headlights, one touch sunroof, outside mirrors fold down when in reverse - and of course, newer grill/headlight style and such......

the 90K service is a biggie; TBelt and such

My guess is this car has 120-150k on it and may not have the wood/HID option. Even so, if its been maintained and is in good working order it should be a great car. Look for a car that has had strut replacement as it will have needed it by now...