Paint Chiping

lexusellicottcity

I HAVE A "BLACK" 2002 ES300 WITH 30K MILES. I HAVE WHAT THE DEALER IS SAYING ROAD CHIPS ALL OVER THE CAR. THIS STARTED RIGHT AFTER I GOT THE CAR. I HAVE THE CHIPS OVER THE ENTIRE CAR BUT MOSTLY IN THE FRONT. LEXUS TELLS ME ITS MY DRIVING AND THAT I AM DRIVING BEHIND TRUCKS THAT ARE DROPING SMALL STONE CHIPS FROM THEIR TRUCKS. I CHECKED OTHER LEXUS'S AND FOUND THAT THE BLACK CARS HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM. I HAVE BEEN TO MY DEALER SEVERAL TIMES AND WE MONITOR WHERE WE DRIVE. I HAVE BEEN TOLD FROM OTHER SOURCES THAT THIS IS A SYSTEM PROBLEM. I ALSO HAVE ANOTHER CAR WITH 30K AND DO NOT HAVE ROAD CHIPS. LEXUS REGIONAL MANAGER CAME BACK AT ONE POINT AND SAID THAT ITS THE DESIGN AND I HAVE TO LIVE WITH IT. CAN ANYONE PLEASE ME. I DIDN'T BUY A CAR THAT HAS TO BE PAINTED EVERY YEAR.

I was told by a very knowledgable detailing source that the Onyx has no clearcoat, so it is very delicate--chips easy. I also have Onyx on my LS, and I'm probably going to get it repainted soon due to the number of rock chips and other damage.

:cheers: