Dvd Entertainment System

sgriffith

My parents just purchased a 2002 LX470 last Friday and it came with a dvd entertainment system in it. It has the navigation unit built in and I can find no other dvd player. I assume that the screens feed from the dvd/cd changer (the screens are in the headrests). The CD changer actually isn't working (don't know how that happened on a certified vehnicle :chairshot: ) ...plays music VERY quiet and scratchy. Also the DVD will not display on the NAV screen on the rear screens (even with vehicle in park and parking break on). I am taking it back to the dealer on Friday to have them look at it, but wanted to know if any of these systems come installed from the dealer? The screens brand name is myron/davis. Other than those annoyances (which are annoying on a 50+K car) the love the vehicle. Any advice/suggestions on the changer problem or any similar experiences please let me know. Thanks!!

Yeah, I took it to the dealer today and it was. The annoying thing is that when you want to listen to a dvd, you have to hit the power button on a remote (I assume to turn off some aftermarket modulation equipment)...but it powers on when the vehicle starts. Just a procedure to go through...but not that big of a deal....that is why the cd sound qualit was poor. Anyways, got it resolved and they are all happy now. The dealership did nearly freak out b/c the installers had disconnected the speed/parking brake cut-offs on playing dvds on the nav screen....but man it sure is cool!! I never thought I could want more than my RX, but now I know better!!!

• 2 weeks later...

I was interested if you could tell me how they did this install because I have 2 headrest mounted TV's. Unlike you they have a separate DVD player and I wanted to tie the rear TV's into the factory DVD player. Please show me or tell me how this was done. It would be greatly appreciated if a step by step instruction would be given.

• 2 weeks later...

I honestly have no idea how they did it. I know the mechanic told me that they "robbed" the frequency from the NAV to display the DVD....but we can watch movies on the rear headrests & also have the NAV going on the front screen. I wouldn't even know where to tell you to begin. I have done installs on things like this before, but never dealing with a nav system. That just changes everything for me!!