2002 Sc430 Vs 2004 Mb Slk320?

I'm considering picking up either a 2002 SC430 with around 12K or so vs a new MB SLK320. Opinions?

I know they are pretty much apples and oranges. The SLK's interior is more spartan compared to the SC's luxury appointments. Exterior wise, I'm leaning slighly on the side of the SLK.

In the past, I've owned an SC300 and currently an IS300 and a Tacoma truck. I've also (briefly) owned an Audi allroad, so the SLK would be my second foray into the German car realm. I doubt that the Toyota/Lexus quality is in the SLK, though.

SC'll probably have a higher resale value. 'Natch, you say...new, the SC costs probably 15-18K more than the SLK. But in my situation, there's only about a 3k difference in price between the new SLK and the '02 SC. So each car's relative value in say 3-5 years could be significantly different for the money I spend.

I imagine most people are going to say, "If you want sporty, go for the SLK, if you want luxury, go for the SC".

GO for the sc...and try to ge thte price down further...remember they probably pais 2k below KBB trade in....go the sc mainly because your slk will be worth 5k less next yr because of the shape change..price adjustment due to old shape is huge...plus the sc is beautiful and maybe you can squeeze a person int eh back..you see much fewer around and all round a better car//