Thermostat Replacement For '94 Sc300

Engine temp has been creeping up recently during city driving (usually w/ A/C on). I have checked the coolant level and it was fine. Radiator may need to be flushed however. Yesterday, the engine temp SHOT UP, even w/ the A/C off. I got home and ALL of the coolant was used up. I refilled the coolant reservior, but that didn't help much. I am also considering replacing the thermostat. From what I have found, it is only about a $12 part. However, I was not able to find were it is under the hood. If anyone is familiar with this process or the '94 SC300 engine, please contact me, I would greatly appreciate it. davidcmalone@hotmail.com

not sure about SC3, but for 1UZFE in SC4, the thermostat housing is in between 2 CAM shafts which house distributor rotors. u will have to disassemble a lot to get to it.

corret me if wrong, I don't believe faulty thermostat will cause engine temp to go up. do the complete coolant flush with toyota red coolant first, then see what happens.