Advice For Used Car Shoppers

When I was out hunting for my SC a while back, I found one in the paper that sounded ideal. One owner, 70K, excellent cond., $6000. I actually took off work to go see this car, fearing that it would be gone by the time I got off. So, I get there, and the man says that it's his grammas' car, and she's had it since new. She came out and smiled and waved and told me the same story. She was about 85, and just as sweet as could be. She said that she "loved the car", but that she "was going blind and couldn't drive anymore, for fear of hurting other people in an accident." My heart went out to her. The car was burgundy, and looked nice. The seats were worn but acceptable. It drove okay, but it was my first time in an SC, so I didn't really know what to expect. I almost said I'd take it, but I've been burned before, so I took down the vin.# and said I'd get back with them. I got home and ran it on autocheck(2 months for 19 bucks) guess what? The car had 224,000 miles on it! And about ten titles. Proving two things; the SC's really last a long time, and never trust anybody!