Lexus Ls400 Cd Player Help!

phasmx

Hey, I know this might be a stupid question but, i recently bought a portable cd player for my car, it comes with a car ready kit which consists of the tape you put in the radio the plug you put in the lighter part and the switch to change songs on the cd player, and the cd player itself. The problem is that when i put the tape in the car stereo it goes to the tape mode, but then it switches back to the fm stereo. I went to other people for a solution but only one gave me a close to ok solution, he said to find some kind of pressure sensor thing or something i forgot exactly what it was, he siad in the lexus models the tape has a pressure sensor and it needs the tape to be moving inside or something so i went off to look for this pressure sensor thing at radio shack which was where he pointed me off to but they didn't know what it was so now i am down in the dumps i have no idea what to do , and i don't want to buy a whole cd player stereo for the car i just want the pressure sensor thing whatever it is. Please tell me one of you guys can help. Thanks in advance.

I have the same problem when playing regular tapes. I insert the tape into the slot and the display says "tape". It also makes a grinding like sound. It does this for about 2 seconds, then switch back to FM radio. I press the Tape button. Same thing happens: grinding sound, 2 seconds, back to radio.

One of our member, Pioneersuby, told me its the belts. Due to old age and long time heat exposure, these old rubber belts simply breaks and the motor can no longer power the drive wheel. Pioneersuby have these belts plus instructions. I contacted him but haven't got a reply yet. You can try to contact him also. The belts are not that hard to replace.

this is common problem with all the tape decks that have intelligence. they constantly check that the tape is moving in the tape in the both gears in the tape moving, if one of them is not moving they stop playing to prevent chewing the tape. there is no way around it unless you make that tape adapter has those gears interconnected.