Lexus Newbie Sc430 Questions

johns13

Hi Everyone,

I am new to the wonderful world of Lexus ownership, having just traded my 1993 Mercedes 600SL in for a 2002 SC430 from Lexus of Sacramento. I love the Lexus, the only negative thing about it is some tire bump-thump and tramlining issues, which I expect will go away when I replace the run-flats with regular tires.

I had a couple of questions for the experienced Lexus owners on the forum:

• I can't seem to find the service book - is this paper trail obsolete now as everything is in the dealer's computer?
  • The climate control seems to run colder than the displayed temp - I would normally set the temperature to 72º but find myself setting it to 76º in the SC430 (roof up!) to avoid freezing during Sacramento's 100 degree days. Is this normal or does it need adjusting?
  • I like to leave the transmission with the ECT/PWR switch on as it feels more responsive round town. I expect fuel economy suffers around town but does it have an impact during steady freeway driving?

As an aside, I have had more compliments on this car (particularly from women) in the first two weeks of owning it, than in six years of owning the Benz.

Thanks

John

http://www.bubwub.com/car/