Getting New Sc 430, Anyone Have White/saddle?

smu80

I'm buying a new SC 430. I have a freind who just got a black/saddle and it cinched the purchase when he let me drive his. I don't want the upkeep of the black so I am ordering white with saddle. Anyone else have one? Any tips on the purchase. Thanks, JMQ. :)

430 is a whole different beast to me. Sorry. I think you're the first one with one of those here. IMO, balck leather might actually be easier to keep up than saddle. But I could be wrong. My first SC was saddle and showed any little smudge. The current one is black and shows little - but it has not been used very much either. There are some leather maintenance links I had but that is on the other computer. The FAQ might have something in it. Welcome to the club.

• 10 months later...

:D I purchased an SC430 1 1/2 years ago in saddle and white (Diamond pearl). The combination is stunning. The paint is the richest that Lexus has. Very deep and very "pearl". The saddle leather is very luxurious and does not show any scuffs or wear. Also it is a very nice match to the walnut finished wood. A freind asked how Lexus made such real looking "wood". I replied because it IS real wood. No wonder, he said. The only problem with the car are the simply horrible run-flat tires. Beginning at 5,500 miles they have been very noisy and of course handling suffers as well. I am getting ready to get regular tires and will get a spare or a flat tire kit. Everyone who has switched to non run-flat tires says the car then performs, rides, and is silent as a Lexus should be. The fun-flat tires are actually dangerous due to overreacting to uneven and rough road surfaces. The car itself is totally superb. I've had many attractive and expensive cars in the past but non have created such positve comment and admiring glances. As anyone knows that keeps up with the automotive world.......Lexus has far and away the best fit and finish, and uses only the finest materials. Look at a Lexus and then look at a Mercedes or BMW, very closely, and you'll see what I mean. Nothing cheesy here!!

• 2 weeks later...

I have just replaced my run-flats with Kumho 712's (non-run-flat). The difference is amazing!! It feels and sounds like a Lexus!! Those run-flats should NEVER have been put on a Lexus. The Corvette is already noisy and the run-flats on those are more appropriate. Take a very quiet car and put very noisy and hard tires on it, from the factory???? PLEASE !!!! Lexus in giving me a very hard time with this but I'm not giving up. They include a jack in the trunk but no spare!? At least a spare should have been included, whether you wanted to use it or not. Most people, it seems, are switching to conventional tires. The new tires were only $680 for all four, out the door!!! Feels like a new car!!!! I have a fix it kit in the trunk..........a compressor and a flat-fix can. I hope this works if I need it but it's worth it to have a pleasant car to drive. Good luck to all of you. Besides the tire problem the car is first rate, all around. Class all the way.

I agree. Just replaced my runflats as well. Day & night difference. For quality, performance, hardtop convertible, real tires now, reliability... For a luxury sports car - the Lexus SC430 is the best value out there. This car is amazing!