Cleaning Egr Valve On 99 Es300

I want to try cleaning my egr valve to solve a sluggish acceleration problem on my 99 es300. First off, can somebody tell me where this thing is? I found something directly underneath the throttle body that resembles the egr valve but I'm not sure. Also, is there a way I can test if the egr valve is the problem or not?

thanks,

Denn77

By 1999 I think the ES300 V6 had Variable Valve Timing with Intelligence. If so, your engine does not even have an EGR valve. Have you tried cleaning the throttle plate yet?

Yes, my es300 does have the vvti engine. Are you certain it doesn't have an EGR valve? I thought it did but you may be right since I couldn't really find it. How can I clean the throttle plate? Is that inside the throttle body and do you think that would cause the car to be sluggish intermintently?

I have noticed that my car is peppy usually 10 min after startup and becomes intermittently sluggish after it is fully warmed up. Also fuel mileage is not that great. Your help is much appreciated.

I've actually already removed and cleaned the MAF sensor. It did help with rough acceleration problems which are gone now. The only thing left is this sluggish acceleration problem and it's intermittent. It almost feels like the timing is off.

Get a motorvac service.

Call motorvac and ask for local distributors of the motorvac carbon machine in your area. The distributors should be able to provide you with a list of local shops that have purchased the machine from them. I am going to soon have a motorvac done to my car. Its supposed to work wonders. The 800 number can be found at www.motorvac.com.