Need Help Removing Door Panel

I took one screw off in the top corner near the tweeters and I pulled and some tabs popped out but the top section where the window is seems to be in there firmly what do I do?

its a 98 es300 and the window regulator broke, window is stuck down so I need to manually get it up in case it rains etc

also any advise for installing the regulator? is it real simple? i ordered the part a few days ago

thanks everyone

From a 97 workshop manual......remove the inside door bezel, by opening the cap over the screw just above the handle dead centre, and remove the screw. Remove the bracket garnish the goes around the door handle. Pop up the power window switch assembly as a unit. Inside the opening where the power window switches were is a screw near the rear that is to be removed. Remove the plastic cap over the screw in the upper corner by the tweeter and remove the screw underneath. There are 7 pop out plugs that hold the door panel to the door. They surround the outside of the panel and are evenly spaced. Use a screw driver to pry each one from the door. Disconnect electrical connectors to the courtesy light and the power window switches (label if there are any that are identical so that you know where to put them on reassembly). Lift the entire panel straight up to remove it. Reassembly is just the reverse of this procedure. Take your time, don't force anything, tape up your screw driver so you don't scratch any panels, and you'll make out all right Good luck!

thank you so much for posting that. It was absolutely perfect directions. I also installed the window regulator and everything works!!!

I would like to give back some help so if anyone needs to install a window regulator and gets stuck or wants some instructions please feel free to email me snookbuster@hotmail.com

once again thank you!

You are most welcome! Taking the time to get back to the thread to tell how you made out...it made my day, and will make me want to take the time to help out the next person. Thanks!

Hi all! This is newbie's first post and this topic seemed most related. I have a 1999 ES 300 and now that hot weather has returned here in PA, the front passenger window mis-behaves. When the car is hot (after sitting hours in a parking lot, for instance), I lower the windows to cool. Once most of the hot air has escaped, I try raise the windows. The passenger's window has an "automatic" or "one-touch" up mode, but when hot, the window comes all the way up and then reverses and stops at about half open. I suspect this is a safety feature which goes just out of adjustment due to the high temperature. It there a simple adjustment for this? I don't have the shop manuals, but it would probably be worth getting it if there's clear directions for doing this (as opposed to paying a dealer). Thanks!

I believe that the window going back down is a safety feature, like you said. The window will probably need to be adjusted (the more experienced ppl on this board might know how) because it seems like the window is closing too hard, which is causing it to trigger a sensor that tells the car an arm or something is in the way.