2003 Rx300 Vsc Light

rx300mom

Hello,

I have a 2003 RX300 with a little over 100,000 miles. Around mid Nov '08 my car started shaking real bad and my husband thought it was the tires so I continued to drive the car. Well, the driveshaft fell from the bottom of the vehicle while driving home one day. I replaced the driveshaft and noticed my "check engine" light was on as well as the "vsc" light. I replaced the appropriate oxygen sensor and thus the "check engine" light is now off. However, the "VSC" light refuses to clear my worries and go off as well.

Any suggestions???

:cries:

Hello,

I have a 2003 RX300 with a little over 100,000 miles. Around mid Nov '08 my car started shaking real bad and my husband thought it was the tires so I continued to drive the car. Well, the driveshaft fell from the bottom of the vehicle while driving home one day. I replaced the driveshaft and noticed my "check engine" light was on as well as the "vsc" light. I replaced the appropriate oxygen sensor and thus the "check engine" light is now off. However, the "VSC" light refuses to clear my worries and go off as well.

Any suggestions???

:cries:

You most likely just need a zero point calibartion. It is a common problem on Highlanders that when a CEL and VSC light come on and the repair is done the VSC remains on until a zero point calibration is done. It's not as common on the RX but does happen. Primarily on 2003 RX. Follow the links in my posts here:

http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums/index...ero+point\