Ipod Cassette Adapter With 1990 Lexus Ls400 - Help?!?

Calvin2376

I have a 1990 Lexus LS400 with a Nakamichi sound system. I want to use a cassette adapter to play my iPod through the stereo, but the adapter ejects itself after about 3 seconds in the tape player. I believe this is because the adapter has a wire coming out of the player to the iPod and the tape player has a flap that needs to close and is stopped by the cord. Is there anyone who has bypassed/fixed this problem? Please help, I really appreciate it!

calvin2376@aol.com

I have a 1990 Lexus LS400 with a Nakamichi sound system. I want to use a cassette adapter to play my iPod through the stereo, but the adapter ejects itself after about 3 seconds in the tape player. I believe this is because the adapter has a wire coming out of the player to the iPod and the tape player has a flap that needs to close and is stopped by the cord. Is there anyone who has bypassed/fixed this problem? Please help, I really appreciate it!

calvin2376@aol.com

Finally something I can help with! I've had this problem before myself. Part of the issue is it seems that the auto rewinder on certain high quality tape decks freaks out when there is a wrinkle in the tape or when it's a tape adaptor. This is what worked for me:

Option A: As *soon* as the tape adapter becomes active in the tape deck, hit your fast forward or rewind buttons. Let it go for a few seconds. Hit play. All should be good.

Option B: If that doesn't work try hitting the "program" button right away. The tape will start playing backwards and it'll trick the system. Certain tape adapters give a severely reduced signal on side b.

Other options:

- (try at own risk) Put the tape in on it's "Side B" and use a little piece of tape or two to hold the wire close to the adapter. Make SURE the wire is the opposite side the tape transport is on!!! Then when the tape starts playing - hit the "Program" button.

- Get a different brand tape adaptor. Mine is a Sony that I got with an old discman.

- Get a radio transmitter instead - I'd recommend reading reviews

calvin2376@aol.com

Hi,

I bought a cassette adapter (as you mentioned in your email) from Target or WalMart. I insert it into the player and plug in my iPod. As mentioned by others:

1. Check the condition of the tape on the cassette player (eg. tape still intact/not broken/not twisted)

2. Do other normal cassette tapes play? If not, most probably something wrong with player !