Old Topic: Hood Strut Changed Ok And Bad Radio Reception

yidaitianjiaous

I just changed two hood struts with Auto Zone parts, cost $19.99 each. works great. For your info, I need not driil the old strut ends to get out the ball hardware. Instead, i used a tiny screw driver (used for my glasses screws :lol: ) and dig pin at the end, then used a plyer to pull it out. Just need patience... INFO ONLY FOR THOSE WHO HAVE THE SAME HOOD STRUTS PROBLEM!

I have radio reception problem for AM. I installed a antenna mast bought $18 and it work fine th eearly days. these days, it just noisy, no reception at all. I took the antenna out and foudn nothing then installed back. the motor made noise adn no reception either. Today, i took it out again, trying to solve the problem. I found the palstic teeth stripe was bent and wheni turn the radio on, the antenna extended and kah-kah noise at the end. I have taken out the antenna four times. almost tired of took it out again. but problem still exists. Noisy antenna extention, and ban or no raido reception... any suggetstions? :wacko:

I just changed two hood struts with Auto Zone parts, cost $19.99 each. works great.

Do you have the AZ part numbers?

-B-

Th Auto Zone struts

MIGHTY-LIFT LIFT

Part No.: C95029

Just ask them for the part. they will say it doens't work on Lexus if you tell them so.... :lol: Just take it and gone and install and laugh for saving money.....

I just changed two hood struts with Auto Zone parts, cost $19.99 each. works great.

Do you have the AZ part numbers?

-B-

Th Auto Zone struts

MIGHTY-LIFT LIFT

Part No.: C95029

Just ask them for the part. they will say it doens't work on Lexus if you tell them so.... :lol: Just take it and gone and install and laugh for saving money.....

Thanks, will look into them.

• 3 months later...