02 Es300 Windshield Wiper Location

I have seen some of the 02 ES300 with wipers totally hidden and others sitting on the lower end of windshield when not in operation. Does anyone know which is supposed to be?

There is a winter and summer resting spot for the wipers. In the winter you want them up high so they don't get iced up, (assuming you are in a cold climate), and down low during the summer.

Your owners manual explains how to set the blades by pulling on the arm to rest in either up or down position.

Leave it to Lexus... they think of everthing.

I have seen some of the 02 ES300 with wipers totally hidden and others sitting on the lower end of windshield when not in operation. Does anyone know which is supposed to be?

There is a winter and summer resting spot for the wipers. In the winter you want them up high so they don't get iced up, (assuming you are in a cold climate), and down low during the summer.

Your owners manual explains how to set the blades by pulling on the arm to rest in either up or down position.

Leave it to Lexus... they think of everthing.

Wow, I did not know that. Thank you Rusty!

• 2 weeks later...
FYI for future refferance, on previous generations you simply flip the electrical harness on the windshield wiper motor to go from summer to winter.

Can you help me locate this switch, is it under the cowl guard? I wish there was an easier way to do this. Is there a picture to illustrate for those less eager to pull the cover off?

Thanks.