Valentine Radar Detector

dsmith

another post from me about the valentine radar detector i have 2004 470 does the gps interfere with the radar? does any member have one installed? and if so what position did you put it :cheers: david

• 2 weeks later...

David,

I installed a Valentine 1 next to, and slightly lower than, the rearview mirror on the left (driver's side). I hardwired the power to come from an 'ignition hot' wire (possibly from the lexus link.... an option which I didn't get). I stuffed all of the wire and the remote display output under the plastic piece which contains the sunglass box and 3 garage door buttons. That whole thing simply 'pops' out and snaps back into place when you have all of your wires run. I also ran the remote cable around the edge of the windshield and have the remote display sitting down next to the base of the 'A' pillar.

As far as interference, I noticed a ?laser?-type warning initially (no police were in my garage)... but haven't noticed it since. I hope this helps.

-Bret (BmonMD@aol.com) '03 LX-470