Replacement Subwoofer?

I am trying to find a place or website where I can find a replacement for my blown subwoofer on my '97 ES300. I have a pioneer subwoofer now, and the dealer wants $200 for a new one, NOT including installation. I was hoping to find a replacement for it for less. Can't I just cut the wires off the old one, buy a new one and rewire? I read other topics that talked about having to replace amps, not bothering with free air subs etc. but I was happy with the stock one and just want to replace it. Any help would be deeply appreciated!

I have encountered the same problem with my 97 also. I have gone to several car stereo places inquiring about replacing it and they tell me that it is hard to find an 8" free-air 2ohm sub. I saw in a previous forum that an Image Dynamics IDQ8 is really good. I found them on www.sounddomain.com. You will have to purchase a seperate amp for it to really work to your expectations. I am going to be getting it in a few weeks. I believe it is rated at 300W. I also know that Kicker Comp makes an 8" free-air woofer but it is rated at 4ohms.