I Need Help.. Cd Changer Not Working...

I have an aftermarket CD changer (PYLE) in my 96 GS300. Here's the dilemma. I need to get to the FM Modulator to replace a fuse. I know the FM Modulator is between my center console and my back seat. So, how do I take my center console off? Not the whole thing, just the part toward the back of the console (closest to the back) so I can look under there to see if the FM Modulator is under there. And how do I take my back seat out? I keep getting an error code on my changer and the manufacturer told me to check my fuses at the FM Modulator. PLEASE HELP! I am tired of listening to the RADIO!

I have an aftermarket CD changer (PYLE) in my 96 GS300. Here's the dilemma. I need to get to the FM Modulator to replace a fuse. I know the FM Modulator is between my center console and my back seat. So, how do I take my center console off? Not the whole thing, just the part toward the back of the console (closest to the back) so I can look under there to see if the FM Modulator is under there. And how do I take my back seat out? I keep getting an error code on my changer and the manufacturer told me to check my fuses at the FM Modulator. PLEASE HELP! I am tired of listening to the RADIO!

why did they install the fm modular under the center console? and if you got installed at a car shop, have them replace the fuse for you. the center console is tricky to take off... i'll see if i can do research on how to take it off.

I am assuming it is between the center console and the backseat. Where should it be? Any help would be greatly appreciated. PLEASE HELP. I only have the radio to listen to while all my CDs collect dust! :(

I am assuming it is between the center console and the backseat. Where should it be? Any help would be greatly appreciated. PLEASE HELP. I only have the radio to listen to while all my CDs collect dust! :(

hey what's up, do you have the fm module controller? or are you able to control your cd changer from the stereo unit? well if you are able to control it from the stereo, then there should be a hard cable that goes directly to the modulator... did your car come with this cd changer?

I have the FM Modulator. I control my CD Changer with a wired remote. By the way, NICE CAR!

Yes, my car came with this changer because the Lexus CD Changer that was in my trunk was broken. So, they put in an aftermarket Changer.

I have the FM Modulator. I control my CD Changer with a wired remote. By the way, NICE CAR!

Yes, my car came with this changer because the Lexus CD Changer that was in my trunk was broken. So, they put in an aftermarket Changer.

thanks for the props my friend. this is actually a jdm aristo. my car is in the picture below. as for your fm modulator... why don't you take your remote wire and follow it the modulator. i think if you open up the arm rest, there should be some screws at the bottom of the panel to remove... where the air vent is in the back side of the arm rest, you might be able to remove it and find some screws to remove it... those are the only recomendations i can give you at the moment. hope this helps your cause.

ARISTO_DRIVER_SIDE_FINAL.sized.jpg

MAN! Mine is black, too, but your paint job looks immaculate! Did you just recently paint it?

I did follow the remote wire but it stops under the center console and I don't know how to remove it, yet.

MAN! Mine is black, too, but your paint job looks immaculate! Did you just recently paint it?

I did follow the remote wire but it stops under the center console and I don't know how to remove it, yet.

what's going on bro, my car is actually the lexus emerald green. i had it recently painted and that's the final product. thanks for the compliment. i don't own the manual but still looking for the instructions on how to remove the center console. do you have any pics of your car? post them up on the gallery. if you want to see what my car looked like before and after, check out the gs300 gallery pages around page 37 or 38 and on.

I have pics, but not with my wheels on it. I will be post when I take some new pics with my new wheels and of course when the car is clean. :D

I am still trying to find a way to get to that FM Modualtor under the center console... :rolleyes:

I have pics, but not with my wheels on it. I will be post when I take some new pics with my new wheels and of course when the car is clean. :D

I am still trying to find a way to get to that FM Modualtor under the center console... :rolleyes:

can't wait to see the pics... i'm still trying to look on how to remove the arm rest. i'll let you know when i find anything.