New Gs Does Not Play With My A17 Walkman

I have posted this on the other forum as well. I have a strange situation. My 2015 GS 350 with Nav will not detect any files on my new Sony A17 High res Walkman. I have both Mp3 and Flac files on the Sony. It does, however, work on my wife's 2013 RX system with no problems.

Called Sony and they tried everything to no avail. The GS will play my ipod and other High Res player (FiiO) through a usb but not the sony.

Please help if you can

Thanks

I have posted this on the other forum as well. I have a strange situation. My 2015 GS 350 with Nav will not detect any files on my new Sony A17 High res Walkman. I have both Mp3 and Flac files on the Sony. It does, however, work on my wife's 2013 RX system with no problems.

Called Sony and they tried everything to no avail. The GS will play my ipod and other High Res player (FiiO) through a usb but not the sony.

Please help if you can

Thanks

Hi Dan and welcome to the LOC.

I had a similar problem with my 2010 ES350. My mp3 player played fine. But when you left the head unit on when you turned the car off, when you came back the whole system was turned off and you had to turn the sound system back on. Even with the dealers help no one could fix the problem. Finally I bought an I pod and everything from then on, went well.

In reading the Owners Manual from the 2007 model on down its pretty plain that the sound system is meant to operate it's best when using an Apple product.

Does your mp3 use a aux jack or a USB plug? That makes a big difference in some applications.

Come back and let us know what you find out.

Paul