Radio Have No Sound, Phone "mute" It?

lexus91

I am a new comer even I use this website for 1 year already. It is a great please for Lexus lover.

I have 3 problems need advise, thanks in advance!

1. Eachtime when I start the car, the radio antenna will open up even I didn't open the radio. It suppose to open up only when engine and radio start together.

2. I have a Lexus integrated phone in the car with a steering wheel control. The phone is working when I open it but I don't know how to use the steering wheel control. There is no response when I puch any of the three button of steering wheel control. Is there any manu for the steering wheel control system?

3. My radio have no sound when I start the car sometimes. Well it still have a little sound when I turn all the way to the end. My friend told me that maybe the phone triger the "mute" system so there is no sound come out.

It is good guess so I play with the phone-turn on and off. You know what, the radio really come back sometime after I test the phone.

Today the radio went out again and doesn't come back even after long time to play with the phone.

So my questions are:

where I can find this mute line and disable it ( I never use the phone)?

If I remove the phone from car, is it will help?

Actually maybe there is no problem with the phone. Just the wire system active the mute line because the raining weather.

BTW, my radio is Nakamichi system and works good.

Thanks

Lexus91

I have a 91 also... no manuals for the phone though but I will check.

The phone has been removed since I bought it so I cannot say if that will fix the problem or not. It seems easy enough to remove the phone though. My handset is installed in the center console and from what I can tell it only takes the removal of two screws, then unplug it. That might help your phone/radio problems.

best to you............ :D