Hitch Receiver Of Bike Rack On 2015 Rx350

Boodus

This is my first post so thanks in advance for any help. Just bought a 2015 RX 350. I have a bike rack that mounts on a hitch receiver so I need to put a hitch receiver on this vehicle. So first, this is only for a bike rack. I'm not interested in towing anything but I love my bike rack and I'm determined to keep it. Lexus only sells one hitch receiver. It's a true towing hitch - meaning rated and usable for towing - and costs over $1200 installed. This is WAY more than I need. I spoke to my dealer and the only thing they will do is drop the price about $100 if I don't want the whole wire harness installed. Since they want over $500 just for the install, I didn't even ask if they would install a third party hitch but I assume even at that price they will say no.

Now I compare that to this Curt hitch - www.curtmfg.com/part/13143 - which is acceptable to me in every way for a bike rack. This is not only made for a 2015 RX350 without drilling any new holes etc., but I even found this youtube video showing the exact hitch being installed on the same care - make, model, and year as mine - www.youtube.com/watch?v=pwJwAetrkN0

My question is this, I live in northern Virginia, DC suburbs, Does anyone know a good mechanic who will put this hitch receiver on for me? I can see from the video that this is not rocket science and you may say "Well why not just install it yourself"? I may have to go that route but I'm willing to avoid the hassles and pay someone. My concern is that I'm going to get a mechanic who will really tear up that plastic shield under the back of the car either getting it out or cutting out the single notch required.

So just looking for a mechanic who will install this Curt hitch if I buy it. Help! I'm not paying Lexus $1200 just to mount my bike rack. Thanks again.

Bye the way, I realize there are companies like uHaul who do this but I've heard terrible stuff about them, plus this rack is a custom fit for my car and I'd like to try to use it..