Rx330 Autolock/unlock Settings

mfullmer

I've had a an '04 RX330 loaner for about two weeks now waiting for mine to come in. I've followed the directions in the owners manual for programming the autolock/unlock function but I get no change.

Right now it is set to lock the doors out of park and not unlock any doors when put in park. I want it to lock the doors at 15mph and unlock all doors when put in Park. I've followed the directions in the manual several times to no avail.

Does anyone know a trick or had this problem?

the owners manual is incorrect, you must go to the dealer and they have to set the conditions with a hand held computer. the "c"best system in the vehicle is set to respond to the dealers computer only. most dealers will not charge for such a service. it takes about 10 min. max.

Actually the owners manual is CORRECT. For some reason that early RX330 loaner just didn't work.

I picked up my new RX yesterday and was able to program the auto door looks/unlock via the door lock switch successfully.

I was told by the salesperson that on the RX300 it was set through the C-Best but on the RX330 it is set using the sequence of the door lock button.

Not sure why the demo didn't work but it had been tweaked already though since the auto unlock function (all doors unlock in Park) that is the default had been reconfigured.