Es 330 Rear Windows Problem

My rear windows go up to the top auto then goes down about half way and stops. How can thisbecorreected. I ALSO NEED A REAR WINDOW POWER SWITCH. THIS IS A 2005 ES330. CAN YOU HELP?

nolsen,

Search eBay for a used power window switch. They are always available from wrecking yards all over. Should be cheap compared with the dealerships.

As for the power window shennigans ... there is a reset code to reset all of the windows to their correct running cycle, but that is propriatory info to Lexus, and not common knowledge. But I did find this from another site:

Here's how to initialize the power windows if you ever disconnect the battery:

1. Turn the ignition to "on".

2. The light in the button for the driver's window will be blinking. If it's not blinking, it doesn't need initializing.

3. Open the driver's window all the way.

4. Pull up on the switch to close the window, and continue holding the
switch up for about one second until after the window closes. The light
will stop blinking, and then you can release the switch.

5. The power windows should all work normally, and the jam protection feature should be enabled.

You will have to get that test procedure from a dealership if this doesn't work, or do a more thorough search on the web for "es330 power window inialization". Good Luck!