2004 Lexus Ls430 Easy Entry/exit Feature

gg430

After my driver's review mirror motor was replaced my driver seat no longer performed the easy entry/exit feature. Dealership says my car never had this feature. Before the mirror repair, when I turned off the engine and removed the key the driver seat slid back. When I started my car the seat moved forward to the last memory position used. The steering wheel, outside mirrors and seat belt also returned to last memory position. My manual has no specific details. The factory vehicle detail list shows: "Lexus Memory System: Driver's Seat, Steering Wheel, Shoulder Belt, Outside Mirrors" with no reference to Easy entry/exit. Did all LS430's have this feature? Where can I find mention of this in print to prove, that yes, my car has this feature?

Hi Jill and welcome to the Lexus Owners Club.

I'm with you! The entry/exit feature is just one of my favorite features. The link below is to a web site for technical information on Lexus, Toyota, and Scion models. The information shows a diagram for the circuits that connect the memory function to the controls. This may be more than you want.

Another thing to check that is quick and easy are the fuses'. Your owners manual has a page which shows the location and purpose of each fuse.

TIF is the name of the technical site. If the circut diagram doesn't help, you can create an account for 2 days for $15 and look through all of the Lexus tech info you wish.

Please write back and let us know how things are going.

Paul

https://techinfo.toyota.com/t3Portal/resources/jsp/siviewer/index.jsp?dir=rm/RM1048U&href=xhtml/RM1048U_0885.html&locale=en&model=LS430&MY=2004&keyWord=memory&t3id=RM1048U_0885&User=false&publicationNumber=RM1048U&objType=rm&docid=659236&context=ti