Radio Am Not Working

ocmikeb

Welcome, Mike.

What I would do is get another AM/FM antenna(does not need to be toyota), even a piece of wire, and temporary substitute that for your existing antenna. That will give you an idea of whether the factory antenna is on the fritz.

• 1 month later...

1993 LEXUS LS 400. No AM reception and FM is week. Antenna seems to be working. Disconnected mast and signal got worse.

Does the antenna extend when the radio AM/FM switched on? I notice the antenna is longer for AM.

1993 LEXUS LS 400. No AM reception and FM is week. Antenna seems to be working. Disconnected mast and signal got worse.

Does the antenna extend when the radio AM/FM switched on? I notice the antenna is longer for AM.

YES IT DOES. I NOTICED THERE IS AN ANTENNA CABLE UNHOOKED AND TAPED IN THE TRUNK NEAR THE MAST. I ASSUMED THAT WAS A SPARE BUT I'M NOT SURE NOW.

YES IT DOES. I NOTICED THERE IS AN ANTENNA CABLE UNHOOKED AND TAPED IN THE TRUNK NEAR THE MAST. I ASSUMED THAT WAS A SPARE BUT I'M NOT SURE NOW.

You may want to check the power amplifier. If the amplifier is good, then the receiver maybe faulty.