Side Mirror Replacement On Soon-To-Be-Sold 06 Rx330

My 2006 RX330 passenger mirror got hit; the housing is cracked and the mirror is falling off. I want to replace the whole assembly; there seems to be some really reasonable ones on ebay for around $100.

A few questions:

1. Ebay talks about "memory" and non-memory mirrors. How can I tell which one I have?

2. Does any one have any experience replacing one of these? I'm assuming I need to fool with the door panel. Does anyone have a copy of the service manual they could take a peek at?

3. I was just going to do the paint myself (since it's not flush with body, I'm less concerned with an exact match). Is this a no-no? Should I bring the part into a paint shop?

4. We're looking the sell the RX330. I'm assuming it's worth the time and effort to fix this right? (It seems like most buyers would be pretty hesitant to buy a car with a dangling mirror).

Thanks for advice!

If you have power seat memory (the 1 & 2 position buttons on the door), then you have memory mirrors. The mirror is not difficult to remove after you remove the door panel. I removed both of mine to install LED turn signal mirror covers. I painted my own mirror covers on a previous car, and it came out pretty good, but not perfect. Make sure to get the OEM color and a separate clear coat in spray cans.

If you have power seat memory (the 1 & 2 position buttons on the door), then you have memory mirrors. The mirror is not difficult to remove after you remove the door panel. I removed both of mine to install LED turn signal mirror covers. I painted my own mirror covers on a previous car, and it came out pretty good, but not perfect. Make sure to get the OEM color and a separate clear coat in spray cans.

I've never removed the door panel. Are diagrams or videos anywhere to help? Thanks.