2010 Used Rx 350 Mileage - How Much Is Too Much?

MR414

I'm new to this forum and looking for information about buying a used 2010 RX 350 AWD. I am planning to purchase in the next few months and have done all the research and decided that the 2010 RX 350 is THE vehicle. Here's the question: In talking to the salesman, he said not to be disuaded by what I consider high mileage - 65k to 75k on a 2010. He said that the Lexus will "run forever". I have never bought a used car with more than 20k miles and these numbers scare me. I usually keep a car for 10 plus years and only put about 10k miles/year on it. This will be my primary vehicle. Ideally I'd like to find one with 20-30k miles. Any thoughts on how much is considered high miles for the 350? Also, what are typical maintainance issues with higher miles for this vehicle?

• 4 weeks later...

My wife is enjoying her pre-owned ("used" to laymen like me) 2010 RX350 FWD. We bought hers in January 2013 with 28,000 documented miles on it. Her experience as the original owner of a 2000 RX300 FWD (200K plus miles) gave us confidence to go with a used model, but I only considered offerings still under factory warranty. I just like the added assurance some remaining factory warranty offered, and I found several available (AWD and FWD) in my neck of the woods. While I don't know of any vehicle that will run forever, I'm a fan of the Lexus product and am confident regular maintenance will keep it going for many years to come. Good luck in your search.