Suspension Won't Level?! Help...

AshLynn

I have a 1991 Lexus and recently had tires changed on it by a friend.

Well the front suspension ended up getting raised in the process and I wasn't sure how to level it out or if they just messed up my car. So they tried to fix it. They got the front back to normal but now the back is EXTREMELY high. At least a foot off. :blink: GAH!(It looks so funny) So I'm not driving it at the moment since it's to bouncy now to drive.

How can I get it to level out?? Please tell me I can. :chairshot:

Edit: I believe it has air suspension. At least thats what I was told.

Any ideas?

Hopefully it is something fairly simple like the level sensor in the back getting stuck in a 'low' position. Or perhaps a wire or connector to the sensor is bad/unhooked?

Hopefully it is something fairly simple like the level sensor in the back getting stuck in a 'low' position. Or perhaps a wire or connector to the sensor is bad/unhooked?

The back is high now! The fronts normal. The guy I bought it off of tried fixing it but it ended up jsut switching from front ot back instead of leveling. Obviously he didn't know what he was doing since he put the directional tires on wrong.

He jacked it up to change tires without turning the suspension off? (Tells you to do it in a compartment in the trunk?)

The back suspension looks normal I poked and crawled around car to check them out. SO it's probaby the sensor.

How can I fix this? Anyone have any ideas? I was going to take it to a dealership since they could probably do more for me but the nearest one is almost 2 hours away and with how bumpy the back of car is I'm not comfortable with driving it. Plus they'll charge crazy most likely.

The car is to nice to just be sitting around. Lol.

When I said the back might be stuck in the 'low' position, I meant the sensing, not the actual level. If the air suspension 'thinks' the car is sitting low in the back, it will raise it up...to the maximum position if the sensing mechanism is not following along, ie:stuck or otherwise malfunctioning.

Here is what I would do. Take your car to a local tire shop that has a good reputation and explain the situation. They see this stuff all the time and may be able to put it on a lift and locate the problem quickly. The charge (if any) should be very reasonable. They may not be able to fix it on the spot but could point you in the right direction.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Pull the air suspension fuse and re insert it a few seconds later. This should reset the air suspension computer and force the car to re level itself alson as everything is intact.