Idle Non-Existant After Battery Drained '02 Es300, Help Needed

This stretch of functional frustration has been going on for 5 weeks although the car was parked for two weeks during the period. This is the third time I have had the idle non-functional. The previous two times after battery disconnect the idle came back, the first time after the car was driven maybe 30 miles. The second time long trips didn't do it. I was told by one Houston service dept that I need to drive 15 miles, which I did, to no avail. Then I went to the other service dept and the manager told me to really stomp on it and amazingly that worked. Now this third time the battery drained overnight and nothing I can do will make the idle come back and it has been weeks of having to start the engine numerous times at red lights etc. Three questions: Is there a permanent fix for this f___ed up attribute? If not, what can I do each time to bring back the idle DEFINITIVELY within minutes of discovering the behavior? And (3) did the engineers who granted us this attribute get to keep their jobs?