Question About Intake Removal 1998 Ls400

ExecLex

So I have a quick question regarding the intake box on a 98 LS400. I removed the bolts holding everything down, do I have to remove the vacuum lines going to the big box looking thing to remove the intake? or does it come off in pieces? I have a 95 LS also and it seems way easier taking off the intake... I just don't want to break any of the vacuum nipples because I have already repaired one of them with black silicone sealant and don't want to have to do it again unless necessary.

surely somebody has removed the intake and lived to tell about it? LOL I just don't want to break anything, and if removing all the vacuum lines are necessary, well that sucks, but I'll still do it.

For $15 you can join this site for 48 hours and get the exact service manual for you vehicle. It will give you the step by step removal and reinstallation instructions. Best $15 you'll ever spend.

www.techinfo.toyota.com

Hey Exec, just pull the hoses off the plastic box. You'll have to pull the clamps back so you can pull them off though. Use some plyers to compress the clamp and pull it back. The box should come out with the rest of the plastic duct work as one unit. If your having some trouble getting the hose off after you've pulled the clamp back, just use some WD-40, works miracles. Old hoses just need some caressin'.

Shane, the "trick" to not breaking vacuum hose nipples is to use a dental pick (or similar) tool to loosen the hose before attempting to pull the hose off. Here's how: Once the clamp is off or loosened, gently insert and run the pick around the internal diameter of the hose (between the hose and nipple) to break it loose. Then removal is a piece of cake.

Take a look at the first few pics of my 98 being disassembled for a timing belt change. It *might* be helpful -> http://www.flickr.co...57622883357340/

For $15 you can join this site for 48 hours and get the exact service manual for you vehicle. It will give you the step by step removal and reinstallation instructions. Best $15 you'll ever spend.

www.techinfo.toyota.com

Thanks, but actually I found a free PDF of the FSM on a toyota forum somewhere just searching google. Pretty cool, some guy has links to all toyota FSM's and was posting them all, now if I could find the link again for everybody else...

*edit: here we go fellas, just click the little paw looking button to download (it's a torrent, so you will need something such as bitcomet to download), hope I can post this link

http://daemon4x4.org...php?dcid=17&p=3