Option, Audio And Climate Buttons And Horn Sometimes Don't Work

Dio

I am having the same problem posted by HankJ back in 2008 but i haven't been ablel to find a solution.

The Option, Audio and Climate buttons and horn sometimes don't work. It occurs after a beeping sound.

It's as if the audio reset button on the steering wheel automaticaly engages because the volume will drop to the preset setting.

I am hoping that someone could shed some light into this.

Thanks for your help.

Best,

Dio

I am having the same problem posted by HankJ back in 2008 but i haven't been ablel to find a solution.

The Option, Audio and Climate buttons and horn sometimes don't work. It occurs after a beeping sound.

It's as if the audio reset button on the steering wheel automaticaly engages because the volume will drop to the preset setting.

I am hoping that someone could shed some light into this.

Thanks for your help.

Best,

Dio

Welcome to the Lexus Owners Club.

It is necesary for members to include the model year of their of their car . Same models can have differances from year to year, and in order to help you accurately, people need that info. Please go back to your Profile and make this update.

Thank you.

Paul

Re: your problem. Can't believe they would all be tied together. I am not a mechanic or an expert. But I'm curious about a couple of things. One of the odd things that go's along when all of these symptoms appears is a beep. What does the beep sound like? Does it sound like any other sound (beep)) that the LS makes? Can you make this beep go off anytime you want

The reason I ask is to see if that beep can help us track down what ciircuit some of the features are on.

I'm not sure I understand what you mean by "Audio Reset" on the steering wheel. I don't have an LS430 so perhaps I simply don't have that feature. Could you explain what this "Audio Reset" is?

Have you have any look at it such as an Auto electronics expert who knows Lexus or a dealer

Paul

Thank you Paul,

The car is a 2006 LS430, the beeping sound is the same sound that you get when you press any of the nav buttons.

Regarding the "volume reset button" it is the third button from top to bottom on the steering wheel audio controls. it's the one use to preset the volume.

Once the beeping starts it sets off all of the symptoms I previously described, simultaneously.

I cannot make it go away, it could beep constantly every few seconds or it can be fine for miles (during this time all symptoms will go away). I am starting to get the feeling that is may have something inside the steering wheel.

Unfortunately the Lexus dealership in the country where I am currently staying is ridiculously expensive and inefficient. Thus my options are somewhat limited.

Thanks again,

Dio

Wow Dio, you've really have a strange one.

I have no idea what the problem yes, and I didn't notice that you were out of the country. Although your nearest Lexus dealer may be exspensive, but I don't think that anyone else will be able to fix it.

I hope someone else chimes in here and lends more expertise.

Paul

Dear Paul,

I just realized that when i turn the wheel in any direction all the symptoms go away, they only come back when the wheel is straight. I am almost positive that the problem is the clock spring. I will do some more research before ordering the part and update the post once the problem is resolved.

Thanks again,

Dio