New Owner With Questions

kimjessf

Hello Everyone!

So happy to be the new owner of a 2002 SC430! Love the car so far! I have a couple of questions though....I'd like to get satellite radio, is it possible as the car does not have the "sat" button I've seen other people refer to in their posts? If I go to a place like Bestbuy, will they be able to install it without "messing up" any thing in my car? Should I have a Lexus dealer install?

On another note, the roof seems very hesitate and slow to open...is that normal? It does open and close but seems.....slow....

And finally....for this post anyway....lol....I am looking for a car club to join in the Southern New Jersey area...one where I can participate in road rallies, shows, etc. Does anyone have suggestions???

Thanks a bunch!!

Kim

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Kim...like you I am a new owner of a 2002 SC430. My roof opens in about 20 -25 seconds. As for the radio, mine came with the CD inoperable and I had the local radio install guy take it out ( 15 minutes and neat as a pin the way it comes out). From there to install a sat radio component should be a breeze, although I do not have a sat button on my radio either. As for a car club, well I live in Nova Scotia, and I could form my own club by the way everyone wants to talk about my car!!