Steering Wheel Clunking Noise 4 2005Es330

Hey what sup club. But yea I just bought a used 2005 Es330. And I have a few concerns I have that is stressing me out.First off its the clunking sound of the steering wheel. You have to be the driver to feel it jerk a little bit. The sound may vary. Never no loud sound. Even when not turning the steering wheel and driving straight it will jerk a lil bit. When I turn in to a parking space and feel it. I am a lil scare that the clunking thing can makes more problems. Is it safe ? Sw30es told me it can be alot of problems. I need help club. Advise, or anyone have the same problem. Let me know.

Here is what I did already. I took it to the machanic and have to 2 motor mount, top and botton. And I they change the bush bearing plus lower control arm. So I dont think those are the problem that is making the clunking or jerk on the steering wheel. If you are not the driver you will never notice it. Please help me out club. Thanks yall

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Had my Timing Belt done last week, while in there I asked them to check out the clunk. They moved the vehicle about 5 feet and found the problem. The steering shaft has a joint or coupling that over time becomes dry. They took it apart, lubed it and no more clunk.

Duckfamily,

(I really want to ask about that online name of yours, but I won't.)

Thanks for the headsup on the steering joint needing lubrication. My wife's 04 has the same issue.

I'll dig into it next week. Thanks again for posting the solution!