Another Moonroof Situation...

rixrx

Hi, all.

I recently changed the battery on our 2002 RX 300. I didn't realize that the moonroof (MR) had to be reprogrammed.

We opened the moonroof. Later, when we went to close it, it had some issues, and wouldn't close. So, I googled the problem, and read about the reprogramming process. I repeatedly tried this, all to no avail.

My big problem, here, seems to be that the moonroof has to be fully closed to reprogram it. My moonroof stops about 1" from fully closing. The MR reaches the metal flap, which fully drops down into it's correct position, then stops.

I have blown out the entire area with compressed air, to clean out any debris, as well as lubricated the track.

Here's what happens, from it's "closed" (1" back...) position, when I push the Slide Open button continuously....

- The MR slides open to about 2" back from being fully open (normal). If I keep the button pressed, nothing more happens. When I let the button go, then re-push it, the MR fully opens. If I keep the button pressed, nothing more happens.

- Then, I'll push the Tilt Up switch, continuously, and the MR closes to it's "closed" position. If I keep this button pressed, nothing more happens.

The one-touch function obviously doesn't work. And, because the MR won't fully close, when the tilt-up switch is pressed, the MR can't tilt up. Because it can't tilt up, the typical resetting procedure doesn't work.

I'm not absoultely positive, but, although it would appear that possibly a cable is caught up, preventing the MR from fully closing, I have a gut feeling that this is not the case.

Right now, the battery is disconnected. A desperate attempt hoping that this changes something. I fear that it won't...

Thanks for reading all this. Any suggestions?

Rick