Oil Leak Help

Hello I have a 2000 ES 300 with a very bad oil leak coming from the left top corner of the engine as evidence by a pool of oil on the ground in my garage. I believe this to be perhaps a valve cover gasket but im not quite sure. I took a look under the car and saw oil drips on the bottom of the device connected by the green belt in the picure. img0115zd.jpg

Anyone know what could be causing this?

That's the power steering pump in the pix. So you could have a leak from there, or anywhere up above it, including the head gasket or the valve cover gasket.

So is oil level going down? is power steering level going down?

The answer to these two questions will guide your interventions. If its oil, then there's a good likelihood it's the head gasket vrs the valve cover gasket.

If it is the former, you may be having problems overheating, and may be able to see oil in the water (open the rad cap when cold and look) or water in the oil (look at the inside of the oil fill cap and if there is foamy white stuff, that's water).

Best way to make a visual id of the leak, is to put it up on a lift and poke up there w/ a good light.

Good luck.

LL