94 Es300 Radio Reception, Interference

nigel

I have poor reception on one AM radio station. I can hear the station clearly when I am in other cars and on my in-home radio. The static and raspy audio is present only on this one station which is my favorite talk show channel. It doesn't matter if the engine is running or not. All other AM and FM channels sound great. I have tried replacing the antenna and the problem is the same. When I drive under a carport, awning or where there are overhead trees, the audio clears up. The problem seemed to start when the AM station announced they were increasing their broadcasting power. I am not sure why that would make a difference since I don't notice the problem on any other radio.

Is there an off-the-shelf attenuating resistor or some in-line filter device that I can plug in between my antenna and the radio to reduce the interference on the problem channel?

I really don't want to replace my stock radio, but as a test, I may disconnect it and attach a different radio to my antenna to see if the problem still exists.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

--Nigel