Hid Headlights

96 300

i have a 96 es300 with 10k hids and the passengerside light will not cut on, i replaced the bulbs and it still doesnt cut on, but if i unplug the wires and rehook them up it will cut on untill i cut the lights off then will not cut back on untill i unplug them again and reconnect the wires and does it over again, i hvae no clue whats casuin this any help would be great

ive had the kit for a year and half and it just now started it, i thought the ballast was bad so i took the bulb and put it on the driver side and it didnt work so i bought new bulbs and it works till i cut the lights off and not when i cut thekm back on unless i unplug it and plug it back up,m,y car didnt come factory with hids, could i possibly put a factory kit off another lexus onto mine

Well the 96 ES didn't even have HID as a factory option, so there really isn't a "factory" kit you could add. But all those aftermarket HID kits can be installed in ANY car as all they need is 12V power (from halogen lights).

If you remove a bulb on one side, does the other one go out automatically? If you unplug a ballast on one side, does the other side bulb go out?

When you write that you unplug/replug and it works, what wires are you unplugging? The wires to the ballasts? Does your kit have only one plug attaching to the car? Or does each side ballast have its own plug going to the cars wiring? Can you post a link to the kit you have? Or a wiring diagram?