Mirror And Awd Turn On

Hi everyone. I am new here. I got few questions.

1.Could you tell me how do I turn on AWD on RX400? or is it on automatically?

2.How do I control mirrors? Could you guide step by step please?

3.Do lights supposed to go on automatically when I start the engine?

Thanks!

I take it you do not have the manual. You can download it here:

http://drivers.lexus.com/lexusdrivers/info/my-lexus/resources/submit-owners-manual-search;JSESSIONID_LEXUSDRIVERS=2NJ0PpGPfyJvTWjKyh7X93HYlJkfGMMtGQpVT7cxnhzJWr9YjvyV!-1202305945

In the meantime, the AWD system on the RX400h is ALWAYS "ready-to-go" and "kicks in" whenever the system senses a need for it. Under normal circumstances, it runs in FWD.

By "controlling mirrors," I assume you mean adjusting the outside rear-view mirrors. They are adjusted similarly to every other mirror system I've ever experienced. Here's the specific manual link for that:

http://drivers.lexus.com/t3Portal/document/om/OM48657U/pdf/om07sour/2007om/frame/07rx400h/sec_01-04.pdf

When the headlights are in the AUTO position, they come on automatically when it's dark enough outside and the ignition switch is on. Just leave it in AUTO and that's all you have to do. Here's the specific page on that:

http://drivers.lexus.com/t3Portal/document/om/OM48657U/pdf/om07sour/2007om/frame/07rx400h/sec_02-03.pdf

Hi everyone. I am new here. I got few questions.

1.Could you tell me how do I turn on AWD on RX400? or is it on automatically?

2.How do I control mirrors? Could you guide step by step please?

3.Do lights supposed to go on automatically when I start the engine?

Thanks!

You should keep in mind that you do not have an "Oh *BLEEP*" type of "AWD" system. The RX series, inclusive of the RXh, are all primarily FWD and thereby extemely subject to loss of directional control resulting from the use of to much engine torque, leading or lagging (lagging = regen or compression braking) for roadbed conditions. The instant front, driven wheel, slip/spin is detected the TC, Traction Control, system will assume control, fully dethrottle the engine and begin applying the front brakes, all in order to most quickly return your front tires to a tractive state.

While it would be rather nice to have the system, at least initially, quickly apportion a higher level of torque to the rear driveline upon detection of front wheelspin/slip, that is not the quickest way to assure the abilily of the driver to assert lateral, directional control once wheelspin/slip is already present.

What you have is a PART-TIME "AWD" system, a pre-emptive, preventative, loss of direction control prevention system. The most likely time, situation, wherein front wheelspin/slip would most likely result is during low speed acceleration, or while turning, turning tightly, and especially accelerating into, during, turning. Those are the ONLY times your RXh's "AWD' system will be automatically engaged and therefore of any real benefit.

So...

Be careful out there....

Also. You may soon note that your RXh will quickly convert from regen braking to full frictional braking should there be even the slightest hint, a slight bump, slick paint strip, etc, of loss of traction. Most owners report a slight "lurch" forward upon this transition, lasting no more than a few hundred milliseconds provided the recall reflash has been done.