Proper Media For Mark Levinson System

RodgerCarter

The Leuxus manual only recommends CDs and video DVDs. It specifically recommends against SACDs, audio DVDs, etc. Video DVDs are almost all movies and standard CDs do not make use of the 7.1 surround sound system. Neither my Lexus dealer nor Lexus consumer department has been able to state what media should be used to best make use of the Levinson 7.1 surround sound system for music only purposes. What do you recommend ,and which paricular discs are your favorites because they demonstrate the quality of the system?

Rodger

• 4 weeks later...

The Leuxus manual only recommends CDs and video DVDs. It specifically recommends against SACDs, audio DVDs, etc. Video DVDs are almost all movies and standard CDs do not make use of the 7.1 surround sound system. Neither my Lexus dealer nor Lexus consumer department has been able to state what media should be used to best make use of the Levinson 7.1 surround sound system for music only purposes. What do you recommend ,and which paricular discs are your favorites because they demonstrate the quality of the system?

Rodger

I know there is info on this, I will try to find it and get back.

Paul

This is a pretty rough string of information, but shoud get you started looking deeper and deeper to find some real answers. Hope it helps. If not for a software bug with my computer and the new software i might have been able to find you more.

http://www.info.com/Media%20Usage?cb=55&cmp=4741&gclid=CLSV_ZqPlK8CFYZoKgodLnoB1Q