Navigation Update For 06 Gx470

tlbarton

has anyone purchased an upgrade for the navigation system? checked with local dealer and it costs 169; ebay has them for 125-150.. not sure if I should go ebay or the dealer. Has anyone done this and did you purchase directly from dealer or from ebay or somewhere else??

• 4 weeks later...

i purchased it from the dealer for $169 (I have a 2006 also). Just took me a minute to install. It's under the front passenger seat. Move the seat all the way forward and then from the back seat as I recall there is a tab or switch you move over to open the DVD player. Then swap out the DVDs and close. Think you just click on one question and it updates.

I ended up going to ebay and purchased from a Lexus dealer in arizona for 148 s&h included. called all dealers in alabama and they wouldn't honor the price, so the arizona dealership got my business. arrived in 2 days, installed (nothing to it). still getting used to navigating. it's much different than a tom-tom :)