Who Has A Cargo Box?

lemon

Which one and how do you like it? What do you carry in yours?

I currently have a Thule Atlantis 1200, but find that at 81.5 inches long I can't open the rear hatch fully (and that's with the front roof bar as far forward as possible - which involved me ripping out the two pieces of trim on either side of the rail to move the bar one more notch forward - anyone have any idea of the purpose of those two rubber pieces?)

Using the power of kijiji, I've sold the 1200 and am getting an Atlantis 1600 today, which is only 74 inches long, so hopefully I can open the hatch fully. Max length of skis was 192cm with the 1200 vs 178cm with the 1600, but I'll be carrying four snowboards, longest of which is 158cm. Just have to remember NOT to drive into the garage...

Which one and how do you like it? What do you carry in yours?

I currently have a Thule Atlantis 1200, but find that at 81.5 inches long I can't open the rear hatch fully (and that's with the front roof bar as far forward as possible - which involved me ripping out the two pieces of trim on either side of the rail to move the bar one more notch forward - anyone have any idea of the purpose of those two rubber pieces?)

Using the power of kijiji, I've sold the 1200 and am getting an Atlantis 1600 today, which is only 74 inches long, so hopefully I can open the hatch fully. Max length of skis was 192cm with the 1200 vs 178cm with the 1600, but I'll be carrying four snowboards, longest of which is 158cm. Just have to remember NOT to drive into the garage...

Please keep in mind that you have moved the vehicle center of gravity UPWARD and wintertime driving often requires quick turns/maneuvers.

Actually, winter driving requires patience and smoothness. Panic steering and braking is definitely something one does not want to do in the winter months (or anytime).

Also, the 16" and 50lbs (empty) are not likely to cause the vehicle to flip over (negligible change in center of gravity, really). Even with four snowboards, that's not excessive weight up top, considering the vehicle itself is 4400lbs.

Now, crosswinds might be something to keep in mind - something Thule mentions in the instruction manual.