2005 Es330 Trunk Lid Not Opening

My 2005 ES330 trunk lid is not opening anymore. It doesn't open using either the remote key or push button at driver's side (below steering wheel). The lock in Glove box is certainly enabled and I anyway tried it in both positions and it still doesn't work. When I either push the button or press the remote key to open the trunk, I hear a beep at the trunk which means the power is going to the lid, but unfortunately the lid just doesn't lift up. I'm totally out of options. Anything I can try, before I go to the dealer? I recently had Dynamat (sound proofing) installed to the trunk lid and its made the lid a little heavy since then, but I've been able to open the trunk properly since the install. Its only from the past 3 days, I'm facing this problem.

I looked at the manual and it says that there is a cable behind the back seat that can be pulled to release the trunk lid, I tried that as well and still not working. Actually I have an amplifier installed right over there and so the opening at back seat is pretty much covered and its not easy to reach over into the trunk.

thanks,

Kishore.

Kishore,

Unfortunately the only way to fix your problem is to get the trunk open first. Only then can you track down what the problem is.

I would wonder if two things might be tried first. Try holding/pushing the trunk lid down while activating the remote key fob trunk release, or prying up on the trunk while doing the same thing. It may be that some of the dynamat or similar has gotten into the latch mechanism, preventing its easy release.

If that doesn't do the trick, you'll have to go through the trunk pass through (behind the rear arm rest) and see if you can't grab that inside emergency trunk release handle with some sort of jury-rigged pole with a hook on it.

If that fails, you'll have to pry the trunk open and cause some damage. Good Luck!

Fortunately it started working early today. I had earlier tried pushing/holding the trunk lid multiple times (while pressing trunk release on remote key) and it simply didnt open. Tried the same trick today and it just popped out.. :) I looked carefully under the trunk lock release area and there was nothing covering or holding it from popping out. I still have no idea why it was stuck, but fortunately it seems to working fine now. I tried a handful number of times by closing/opening and it seems to be fine now. Thanks for your response gbhrps.