Help! Remote Start Causes Alarm To Go Off.

dalechek

Hello, this is my first post as a newbie to this site. My question is this, the remote start wiring diagram shows that the factory arm/disarm wires are the lock/unlock wires, the unlock wire is the green/white wire in the passenger side kick. I have spliced into this wire that is more aqua green/white and it does not unlock or turn the factory alarm off. Please post pictures of wires if possible.

Hello, this is my first post as a newbie to this site. My question is this, the remote start wiring diagram shows that the factory arm/disarm wires are the lock/unlock wires, the unlock wire is the green/white wire in the passenger side kick. I have spliced into this wire that is more aqua green/white and it does not unlock or turn the factory alarm off. Please post pictures of wires if possible.

Hi David and welcome to the Lexus Owners Club.

I'm not sure how quickly you'll get a response with the exact information you want. Since it is so specific to one particular aftermarket problem, it might take a little bit.

In the mean time, I would suggest you do a search of our data base. It has all the postings going back to approx. 2002.

Paul

I have taken a multimeter to the wires on the drivers side door and found that blue is lock, green/blue is unlock. However since the factory alarm system is armed it will not allow me to unlock the vehicle. I will test other wires underneath the drivers side kickpanel to see if there are wires that I can piggyback to disarm the alarm system.

Other questions for remote starts.

My sc300 has a key sense wire that needs to be hooked up for it to function. Can it be hooked up to any negative wire on my avital 4001?

Also, can garage door openers be synchronized with remote starts?

Hi David and welcome to the Lexus Owners Club.

I'm not sure how quickly you'll get a response with the exact information you want. Since it is so specific to one particular aftermarket problem, it might take a little bit.

In the mean time, I would suggest you do a search of our data base. It has all the postings going back to approx. 2002.

Paul