Strut Replacement 2004 Es330

go49ers1

I have a 2004 es330 that has the adjustable suspension. My question is this; do I have to put adjustable struts or can i put non adjustable struts on and by pass the adjustable suspension? Everyone I talk to says I have to get the struts from Lexus, is this correct?

My wife's car has the adjustable shocks as well, and when and if they need replacing down the road, I'll be replacing them with either the standard struts from a V6 Camry of the same year (if the part numbers cross reference, because they are both basically the same car and share many of the same parts)or the standard struts from Lexus.

The ES comes with both standard and electronic struts for that year, and they should both be interchangeable. One would simply not hook up the wiring harness to each strut, if you put in the standard ones, simply because there would be no place to attach them anyway. That would leave you with a non operating switch in the centre console, and the same ride as the electronic shocks set at their "normal" setting. Big deal.

• 3 years later...

Had anyone actually done this? Replace the AVS struts with eh non-adjustable struts? I would like to know exactly if you would get alarms , annoying flashing lights on the console? or not?

Please help if you have experience with this.