Reputable Independent

Dark Horse

Hi,

Happy New Year to all?

Can anyone recommend a reputable independent in the Sarasota area for maintenance and repair on our 2000 LS400? I am in need of impending brake work and the dealers seem sky high. I would use OEM pads though.

Just out of curiosity, I went to craigslist for Sarasota, typed in 'lexus' and searched in 'services'. Quite a few mechanics came up who say they work on Lexus. You can start here:

http://sarasota.craigslist.org/search/?areaID=237&subAreaID=&query=lexus&catAbb=bbb

I would ask how long they have been in business, check their online reviews on yelp, city search, et al. You can tell fairly quickly whether you would feel comfortable turning your car over to them. A brake job should be fairly straightforward.

On another thread, someone else mentioned they had been referred to an independent by someone in the parts department at a Lexus dealership.

And don't forget the white and yellow pages. If the shop has Lexus trained mechanics, they will mention that.

Hi,

Happy New Year to all?

Can anyone recommend a reputable independent in the Sarasota area for maintenance and repair on our 2000 LS400? I am in need of impending brake work and the dealers seem sky high. I would use OEM pads though.

Prix,

Thank you for the input. I am grateful.

I was hopeful I could find someone who actually transacted and felt comfortable about referring me based on their experience.

Best,

DH

Just out of curiosity, I went to craigslist for Sarasota, typed in 'lexus' and searched in 'services'. Quite a few mechanics came up who say they work on Lexus. You can start here:

http://sarasota.craigslist.org/search/?areaID=237&subAreaID=&query=lexus&catAbb=bbb

I would ask how long they have been in business, check their online reviews on yelp, city search, et al. You can tell fairly quickly whether you would feel comfortable turning your car over to them. A brake job should be fairly straightforward.

On another thread, someone else mentioned they had been referred to an independent by someone in the parts department at a Lexus dealership.

And don't forget the white and yellow pages. If the shop has Lexus trained mechanics, they will mention that.

Hi,

Happy New Year to all?

You are most welcome. Yes, I know...and yours is a good plan. I wanted to share how I found qualified independent mechanics (two formerly worked at Lexus dealerships). One of the mechanics advertised on craigslist. He set up a new shop, after working for years at a dealership, etc. It took me quite some time to find these guys too. Good luck!

L

Prix,

Thank you for the input. I am grateful.

I was hopeful I could find someone who actually transacted and felt comfortable about referring me based on their experience.

Best,

DH

Hi,

Happy New Year to all?