2003 Is300 Headunit Installation...

DPLexus

I have recently bought a 2003 Lexus IS300 and do not like the stock radio so I am replacing it with a Kenwood DDX418. Before I start cutting wires I have a couple of questions. First off when I bought the headunit, the salesman gave me an amp with it saying that it was an adapter for the stock amp... where and how do I deal with this? Also I would like to bypass the parking brake safety feature so I may play movies while driving... does anyone know the easiest way to do the bypass, I was not sure if I could ground the green wire straight to the ground wire or if I would have to do a relay setup. Anyone with experience with the bypass on this model headunit and Lexus would be greatly appreciated.

I have recently bought a 2003 Lexus IS300 and do not like the stock radio so I am replacing it with a Kenwood DDX418. Before I start cutting wires I have a couple of questions. First off when I bought the headunit, the salesman gave me an amp with it saying that it was an adapter for the stock amp... where and how do I deal with this? Also I would like to bypass the parking brake safety feature so I may play movies while driving... does anyone know the easiest way to do the bypass, I was not sure if I could ground the green wire straight to the ground wire or if I would have to do a relay setup. Anyone with experience with the bypass on this model headunit and Lexus would be greatly appreciated.

You may not be getting any hits right off to your post because you have placed it in the General Lexus Discussion forum. I would suggest you try posting your questions in the IS300 forum for a better response.

Additionally, Your questions are pretty specific to audio/video areas and I've found that we don't have a lot of depth in those areas if it is something as technical as bypassing a built safety lock out. Frankly, if I did have the answer as to watching videos on the navigation screen while driving I wouldn't tell you. It's the dumbest thing I ever heard.