2001 Ecm/ecu Terminal Diagram Needed

We have a 2001 ES300 & I have the shop repair manual which is supposed to cover 1996-2001, but the diagram for the Engine Control Module is wrong. It shows 4 connectors and the one in this car has 5. In the manual that I have, there's a diagram on page DI-19 which shows the terminals for the 4 connector ECM, but I would like one for the 5 connector ECM. I wasted $15 and bought a 2 day pass to Toyota's TechInfo site, but you're highly limited as to what you can see in the repair manuals.

The reason that I'm asking for this is that recently the Check Engine and Track Off light came on. I checked the error code and it was P0500 which indicates a problem with the speed sensor. It immediately came back on after clearing the error. The speedometer displays fine, so I suspect that it's a problem with the cable between the speedo and the ECM.

What's interesting is that the anti-theft indicator led on the climate control panel flashes when you drive and the flashing rate is relative to your speed. I suspect that there's a short between the SPD output and this LED & I think that if I can see where the commonality of wiring is located, that I can limit my search.

Thanks in advance for any help.

-- Geoff

We have a 2001 ES300 & I have the shop repair manual which is supposed to cover 1996-2001, but the diagram for the Engine Control Module is wrong. It shows 4 connectors and the one in this car has 5. In the manual that I have, there's a diagram on page DI-19 which shows the terminals for the 4 connector ECM, but I would like one for the 5 connector ECM. I wasted $15 and bought a 2 day pass to Toyota's TechInfo site, but you're highly limited as to what you can see in the repair manuals.

The reason that I'm asking for this is that recently the Check Engine and Track Off light came on. I checked the error code and it was P0500 which indicates a problem with the speed sensor. It immediately came back on after clearing the error. The speedometer displays fine, so I suspect that it's a problem with the cable between the speedo and the ECM.

What's interesting is that the anti-theft indicator led on the climate control panel flashes when you drive and the flashing rate is relative to your speed. I suspect that there's a short between the SPD output and this LED & I think that if I can see where the commonality of wiring is located, that I can limit my search.

Thanks in advance for any help.

-- Geoff

I don't know if a 1999 Lexus can help 1MZ-FE_Engine_Control 99.pdf